Recycling, an important value at danialu
Ideas + aluminium (recycled) = dani alu
The importance of recycling
Recycling is essential for sustainable development. Creating and promoting markets for recycled products is fundamental to resource saving and waste reduction.
The Energy Transition Law for Green Growth (LTECV), adopted on 17 August 2015, covers the various key areas of the energy transition and contains measures related to the building sector: combating waste and promoting the economy Circular, developing in particular sorting at source and recycling and upgrading channels.
This law sets ambitious goals:
- Increase to 65% the tonnages oriented towards recycling or organic recovery (2025)
- Recycle 70% of construction waste (2020)
- Reduce by 50% waste in storage facilities (2025)
- Reduce household waste by 10% (2020)
Recycling of aluminum
Aluminum is ideally suited to this recycling and recycling concern:
- Aluminum is 100% recyclable, infinitely, without loss of its physicochemical qualities.
- If primary production consumes a lot of electricity, recycling consumes only 5% of the energy initially required.
It is therefore very profitable: used aluminum has a high economic value.
Our participation as an industrial
At dani alu, we want to participate in sustainable development by ensuring that there is as much waste as possible in our production system.
We recycle our aluminum as well as our plastics, cartons and pallets.
Each workshop is responsible for the collection of its waste, in particular turnings, sheet metal scraps and extruded profiles, in order to upgrade them to an aluminum recycling company. We thus significantly reduce the amount of our waste.
Since 2009 we have recycled annually between:
- 4 and 9 tons of turnings
- 20 and 45 tons of sheet metal scrap
- 25 and 42 tons of falls of profile
In the year 2016 we also recycled 1.5 tonnes of plastic and 6.28 tonnes of cardboard. As for the recycling of wood, in order to avoid additional waste, we collaborate with our suppliers to recover their pallets at the end of delivery.
As regards our lacquering station, each surface treatment bath is recycled and treated before discharge to the sewer once a year.
Source : http://www.aluminium.fr/developpement-durable/recyclage-aluminium